I just joined the list and missed the original post to this thread.
Could the person that started this thread or anyone else that is
involved with it tell me how I could get involved also?

I am not very experienced with Linux "yet" but I am interested in doing
something similar for public schools that don't have money to buy
computer equipment in South East Asia.  I have at least one non profit
local organizations that have expressed interest in this as well.

Any ideas and experience I can gain from helping in your deployment
would be very helpful.

Regards,
Lance