Hello-

I met with some folks from mapnp.org (managemnt assistance program for
nonprofits) last night, and they sponsor the NonProfit Tech Talk list
which i have plugged here twice or so already. They have monthly meetings,
just like the LUG here, and their October (the 16th) meeting is about
Linux. "Linux. Does it make sense to use Linux for servers? FOr desktop
machines? WHat is available now and what makes sense."

I am certain that we can help out there...  Sheldon, one of thier
technology guys, also said that he is interested in locating 200 or older
machines, installing linux, and deploying them to 10 or so organizations
in the area. Sounds like an install-fest to me. I told him that i was
certain that the TCLUG would be interested to help.

again, here is the list info page: