On Sunday 28 April 2002 03:13, you wrote:

> I'm in the market for a 56K modem for my Mac Power PC 6500 that's running
> Linux...  I've posted here about this and was told, correctly, that the
> internal modem this computer came with won't work under Linux. I have been
> trying to find an external 56K modem that will work with my PPC running
> Yellow Dog 2.2.

US Robotics made some excellent Mac serial 56K external modems.  Their 33.6's
are nice too. You'll have to remove the internal modem on the 6500 as it
disables the modem port when installed in the Comm. slot.

You *could* hook the modem to the printer port but that would make it
impossible to get your SW 2400 working.  The situation with that printer is
not hopeless.  The linuxprinting.org site says that it "mostly" works when
connected to the serial port (which is more than I can say for my Epson 740
via the serial port, had to get a usb card, (it has both usb and Mac serial,
as well as parallel interfaces)).

Check this page:

<http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi>

MJF