I ended up having to modify them awhile back and you can just mount the
boot.img on the loopback device as a vfat filesystem.  Inside there are the
config files for the syslinux stuff, the kernel and an initial ramdisk?  I did
this with RH 6.2 boot images but I don't think they've changed that much.

		Chris