Well, you can use freeswan, but it's kind of a pain to setup win2k boxes to
talk to it.  I'd just use a PPTP server since it's very easy to set up
client machines.

If you have a small budget, you could buy a Netscreen 5xp firewall for $500
and give remote users the Netscreen Remote VPN client (which uses NAT-T to
facilitate IPSec traversal through a NAT device).

Jay