Quoting Jima (jima at beer.tclug.org):
>  No, not yet, but the information in these two URLs *should* have the
> relevent answer.  (I hope.)
>
> http://archives2.real-time.com/pipermail/tclug-list/2001-July/038737.html
>
> http://archives2.real-time.com/pipermail/tclug-list/2001-August/014920.html
>
>  The first (evidently) shows how to tweak Minicom to upload the image
> properly, and the second shows how to recover a trashed router.  (Now
> *that*, I've done, but only before I went Linux-only.)
>  Not very helpful, I know, but it's worth a shot.

For giggles, I tried the xmodem upgrade method and I cannot get it to be
consistent in any fashion. Meaning, I cannot get it to consitently fail -or-
consistently succeed.

cbos#show ver

Cisco Broadband Operating System
CBOS (tm) 678 Software (C678-I-M), Version v2.4.1 - Release Software
Compiled Dec  8 2000 09:45:11
DMT FULL firmware version G96
NVRAM image at 0x1030a9a0

Is my base install. Tried to upgrade to 2.4.3b

minicom-1.83.1-16
lrzsz-0.12.20-10

I tried the /usr/bin/sx -vv --1k and it works no better/no worse then without
the --1k option.

I think it's important to get the serial upgrade stuff working because explain
to linux newbies how to setup a *secure* tftp server can be a difficult task.

Anyone able to re-verify that the serial method works?

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500