On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 03:14:35PM -0500, Gerald Skerbitz (gsker at tcfreenet.org) wrote:
> Amy,
> I have the same exact switch as well as its 8-port brethren.
> I've occasionally had it hang, but I've always been able to get the Linux
> boxes going.  The NT ones ususally have to be rebooted  Haven't lost the
> Novell one yet.
>
> Here are some things I would ponder....
> What version of X and what window manager are you running?  It seems
> suspicious that it only happens if X is running.  What happens if you kill
> X and go to console mode? How bout if you actually unplug the mouse and
> keyboard cables from the computer?

All 3 boxes are setup identically, running XFree86-4.1.0-15 and Gnome 1.4.

I'm trying just console mode now to see what happens.

Temporarily yanking mouse & keyboard causes no problems.

> How avout apm?  Is apmd running?  Is APM turned on or off in the BIOS?
> Check out the dpms flags in the xset command.

apm not installed.  APM turned off in the bios.

Trying xset -dpms now.

> BTW I'm not really happy with the switch. :-(

Me either :(

Thanks for the ideas.
--
Amy Tanner