On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Scot Jenkins wrote:

> does the queue clear if you manually flush it?

Yup, that cleared it.  I received all my inbound mail OK.

> also check /etc/syslog.conf and see where mail.* is being logged to and
> check for messages there, usually /var/log/messages or /var/log/maillog

mail.* is being logged to /var/log/maillog.  The log file, however, is
empty.  /var/log/sendmail.st is garbled.  This is happening periodically,
and as long as I sendmail -q it right away (or even throw that in
cron.hourly) I should be ok.  That being said, I'd like to find out what's
causing this.

-Brian