I have a Belkin OmniView SE 4-port KVM.  Attached to it is a Dell and 2
Gateways.  I have no problem with the Dell, however on both Gateways,
the keyboard and mouse will hang after not being the active box (on the
KVM) for more than 20 minutes or so.  With both machines I can still ping
them and login to them remotely.  However only a reboot will fix the
keyboard/mouse problem.  I get slightly different results with each:

Gateway E-4200: Only hangs if I'm logged into X and xscreensaver is
running.  When I switch to the box, xscreensaver will be hung, as well
as mouse and keyboard.  However, the box is fine if it's just sitting at
the GDM login screen.

Gateway E3110: Hangs both when I'm logged in and when it's at the GDM
login screen.  The scroll lock + # of switch doesn't work.  It always
switches me to port 1 no matter which number I input.

It was suggested to me to look in the BIOS for settings that may affect
this but I'm not really sure what to look for.

Somewhat related to this, sometimes I notice that switching from one
port to another causes my mouse speed to change as well as my keyboard
repeat key speed to slow down.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.
--
Amy Tanner