On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 08:30:48PM -0500, Terry Houle wrote:
> Trying to figure out how to get the system to recognize a USB
> harddrive.  I want to use the GUI and running SuSe.  Any comments
> appreciated.

I've got one set up under debian and it was pretty simple.  All I did
was install hotplug (I think there's a usbmgr that works, too), set up a
mount point and entry in /etc/fstab for it.  I don't think it came
formatted, but it might have been that I just didn't have the drivers
for fat12.  I just formatted it ext2 anyway since I didn't expect to use
it on anything other than linux machines.

The usb-storage drivers report drives as scsi devices, so you'll want to
make sure you're looking for a scsi disk.

--
Brian Hicks <http://eight.dhs.org> <hick0142 at umn.edu> <PGP:0xADDD1F16>
	This message would self-destruct in 10 seconds, except I'm