On Friday 12 April 2002 20:26, nate at refried.org wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 06:21:50PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> > Any other "gems" out there like frozen-bubble?
> >
> > I'd like to make a virtual package for apt for installing what I'd
> > like to call the tclug-gamepak.
>
> Every now and then I find another cool game that just sucks my time away
> until I realize that it is.  Here are some of my favorites:
>
> Nethack - classic character based dungeon crawl, still haven't beaten it
> PySol - Python based solitare game with just about ever variation of
>         solitare
> Mame - Arcade emulator, very addictive.
> icebreaker - Ice themed Qix clone
>
> Nate

I'll second the recommendation of PySol. The random game feature is one of
the best. I've tried some games I never would have thought to try because
they came up on the random selection.

For MahJong puzzle lovers there is a KDE game KShisen that gives you the
tiles in grid and you have to match them up. Its got some intresting rule
variants. (like gravity that makes it like a cross between MahJong and
Tetris.)

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com