Hi there,

I'm brand-new to Linux (but I learn fast). I'm trying to install Yellow Dog
Linux 2.2 on a Mac Power PC 6500. I am having an awful time, despite having
a pretty good installation guide. The installation "hangs" at certain points
in the process and locks my computer up (or at least I think it does. Is
going for 10 minutes without any obvious further installation progress
"hanging up"?). When I reboot and go into the install process again, it
starts copying files and then I get messages that "such and such a file" is
already installed and is the latest version", so obviously it's installing
something.

What I want to know is, is it common for these install programs to go for
long periods of time without activity? I am not doing a large install (the
Home / Office option) but it certainly seems as if the CD-ROM stops running,
the progress bars do nothing and I'm getting frustrated. Can someone help
me?

Thank you!

Jackie
--
"All of us are in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars." -
Oscar Wilde