On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 22:00, Raymond Norton wrote:
> This time I will attach the script:)
>

> > I am using the attached script on my local LAN, on a RedHat 7.1 box. At
> > first it works great for everything I need, but either time or maybe
> > use will cause it to stop working, and not allow any Internet traffic
> > through. The RedHat box looses Internet too. I have stopped the script,
> > restarted iptables, and then launched the script again, but it whines
> > about not being able to get an IP address on eth0. If I restart the
> > box, and script, everything works great for a while.
Use the -show option for iptables so that it shows packet counts for
each specific "DENY" rule and ALLOW rules and watch which rules start
increasing their packet count. You should be able to see which rule is
causing the problems and remove or modify the rule accordingly.. Also
could you supply the output of a "iptables -L -n" to give a better idea
of the structure of the rules applied.
--
Thomas J. Hudak
Unix Consultant
e. thudak at autonomous.tv

"The stupidity of your action is proportional to the chances that
someone is watching you."
	- Anonymous

1024D/78A5BF8A 2001-12-03 Thomas J. Hudak <thudak at autonomous.tv>
  Key fingerprint = 00CD 7B9C 6921 B5CA 0E2A  51B5 130A E021 78A5 BF8A
1024g/09B1FF43 2001-12-03 [expires: 2002-12-03]