I don't want to be a distro preacher here, but...

If you want Evolution and only Evolution you can install Debian and get
it that way. Evolution is in the testing distribution (Woody for about 3
more weeks) at version 1.0.3. I'm using it now and it's really nice.
Debian also has a great package management system built in called apt.
It's definately worth checking out if you're willing to try different
distributions.

Good luck!

Erik

--
"Those who corrupt the public mind are just as evil as those who steal
from the public purse."

Erik Mitchell
www.erikmitchell.org
mitc0185 at tc.umn.edu