>My understanding from the article was that all the server
appeared to
	>need was samba, which is known to work well for most Windows
based file
	>sharing needs.

	I guess what I saw when I read it and wondered why the person
even tried to put the timeslips on a Samba share after being told it
would not work.  Imho it would have been much simpler and useful for the
attorneys to go with a windows server as that would have allowed them to
use all of the software they are used to.  It just did not seem Linux
was a fit at all for this scenario and the law firm put up with this
because it was family member doing the work and cheap in price.  I am a
little weary of the "I switched my (mother, father, sister, dog) to
linux and they love it stories, especially when it is for a business.
For a business you use the computer system that meets your needs best.

IPC 2002