Jay -

Have you ever tried wiki? It's named for the hawaiian (sp?) term
"wiki wiki" - which roughly translates as "fast". I am currently
working as a junior developer building php/firebird tools for a local
content company, as well as getting ready to implement in xml/xsl
solution, amongst other things...point being, i'm busy, as most of us
are, most of the time.

anywho, we use wiki to keep journals, track project progress,
flesh out issues and requirements, TODO, etc...and it works about as
well as any technique i've run into so far in my young career. you can
find them written in perl, php, etc... plus it's web based, which is
nice, and free, which is very nice.

one thing i want to do is write a perl script that i can set up as
a cron job that will scrape all the areas of a few wikis and back them
up since they are inherantly open for all to edit. hence, it's
possible that someone could just get in and clean it out...not bloody
likely though methinks. however, if you wanna really lock 'em down,
there are ways to password protect areas as well.

hth- cheers!

jon-david

btw- beer cures hangovers.

Friday, April 5, 2002, 5:31:09 PM: