"Rodney G. Garayt" <garay002 at tc.umn.edu> writes:

> Some time ago I was looking around the system (KDE) and there was a
> monitoring tool that looked interesting so I went ahead and said ok to
> it and it parked itself on the task bar over on the right next to the
> clock, etc.  This thing has this smile/frown thing going and warns me of
> app that are taking up too much time/resources.  I hate the thing!  I
> can't get rid of it though.  There's no option to remove it that I can
> find.
> If you know what I'm talking about, can you tell me how I can get that
> thing to not fire up when KDE comes up.

Was it installed from an RPM?  Can you figure out one file associated
with it?  If so, "rpm -qf <filepath>" will tell you which rpm it came
from, and then "rpm -e <rpm>" will remove it.  If not, this technique
is obviously irrelevant, but there may be an equivalent technique for
whatever package form you installed it from.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  Ghugle: the Fannish Ghod of Queries
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net