Well,
Nobody knows me, but I'm coming to the meeting on Saturday, so I guess
you'll meet me there.

Peter Clark wrote:

>	So I was on another mailing list, helping someone out with their "compose"
>key, when I thought, "Hey, what else can I do with these keys?" I've got a
>pc104 keyboard, which means three "Windows" keys at the bottom. The right
>"flying Windows" key (code 116) is already mapped by default to the "compose"
>key. KDE lets one create program short-cuts, so I started mapping my favorite
>programs to the left "flying Windows" (code 115) key + mnemonic key, such as
>"q" for "Quake3". :) But that still leaves that little menu key (code 117). I
>don't want to map it to a menu, since I really don't use menus much. And,
>come to think of it, there are other dead keys, such as Print Screen/SysRq,
>Scroll Lock

I know that if you have a KVM switch (keyboard, video, and mouse) to use
more than one computer at a time you can usually double tap the scroll
lock key and then choose number 1-x (where x is the number of ports on
your switch) to go back and forth between computers. It comes in really
handy for me, I have two computers at work and three at home.