Does anyone know of a way to replace an Exchange 5.5 server with a
Linux solution that would provide all of the same functionality for my
outlook client.  I currently use the Exchange server for e-mail,
contacts, notes, tasks, calendars and public folders.   The Exchange
server has been giving me real problems on a regular basis over the
last 5 months, and I’m going to have to upgrade or replace it with-in
the next couple of months.

I know that outlook isn’t the best e-mail client out there, but I don’t
want to have to deal with hundreds of whiny users at this point.  I
would like to keep my outlook clients and all of the functionality, but
replace the back-end with something other then Exchange, yet have it
tied into our NT domain for the users.

What’s your thought?

Jim Streit