On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> >  Last I checked (during the last InstallFest), parted can't resize NTFS
> > partitions.  In the end I bought some partition resizer (I forget the
> > name, but it wasn't PM) online, and let the person I was helping use it
> > for the duration of the install.
>
> You didn't say NTFS you were talking about ext2. True, nothing open
> source does NTFS (well) yet, but in that respect Microsoft can go suck
> on a large wang.

 "You?"  That was my first post in this thread.  I was merely offering my
experience on the subject.   If you've got a bone to pick with whomever
suggested parted might not be all it's cracked up to be, go someplace
else.
 At any rate, you can be sure that I'm bringing my (legal, thanks) copy of
Partition Manager to the next InstallFest.  (Yes, I mean "Manager," not
"Magic.")

     Jima