On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 10:20:13AM -0600, Florin Iucha wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 10:17:48AM -0600, nate at refried.org wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 12:35:05PM -0600, Clay Fandre wrote:
> > > I have been unable to find someone to speak at the next TCLUG meeting.
> > > If you have something you would like to present, please let me know.
> >
> > There was a comment at the last meeting that we might do a beginner's
> > overview of the vi editor.  We'd answer questions and show off cool
> > features.  If anyone from the emacs camp would like to do the same we
> > could have a very educational compare and contrast workshop.
>
> I wouldn't trust the emacs guys to really paint vim in it's colors.
>
> ... and I certainly would not advise beginners to get exposure to
> vi/emacs "discussions" without asbestos underwear.

All that's needed is a good moderator and some simple ground rules.
Perhaps someone with a loud voice assisted by Jima and his lart.

1. Stay civil.  No shouting, no fights, no taunting.
2. Only positive bias.  You can boast about your favorite editor all you
   want, but don't put down the other one.  We don't care why you hate
   the other editor, and the beginners don't either.
3. Show what you're doing, slowly.  This session is for the beginners,
   make sure they can keep up with the discussion.

Any other rules I'm missing?

Nate