Nate,

If you find out that you CAN in fact purchase a cable modem in Minnesota, please let the list know, as I just yesterday ordered ATT Broadband, and would like to buy a modem if I can.

Another question, I am in a roomate situation where two of us will be networked to the cable modem. We plan on buying a switch/router to avoid having to purchase an additional IP address. I will be running Linux, he will be running Windows. Am I going to run into issues trying to connect two operating systems to the same switch?

-Nick