Children's Hospital and Clinics
Data Warehouse Developer
651-855-2560
rodney.ray at childrenshc.org

>>> jack at jacku.com 9/25/01 9:40:37 PM >>>
On Tuesday 25 September 2001 15:20, you wrote:
> Do you know if smoothwall will work with At&t's network. Someone was
> telling me that at&t doesn't play well with linux. Although I don't know
> what the issue is.......... do's anyone know????

FWIW I've had an AT&T cable modem connection for about a year now and I have
a simple masquarading firewall/router running (Kernel is 2.2.16 using
ipchains) It works like a champ. I've had no problems with the firewall box
itself, an old PB "Force" early P1 (75Mhz maybe). The only suggestion I have
is if you have a dual-boot box available setup the NIC you intend to use
under Windows and let the installer do his thing there. Then pull the card
put into your firewall/router box and go. Also I suggest getting you own card
and making sure it works in your firewall box before they come.

Good Luck!

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com