On or about Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:10:59 -0500
Spencer J Sinn reportedly said...

> I was in the process of upgrading the CBOS on a Cisco 675, when we
suffered a power
> outage. Now the machine doesn't seem to respond to any type of inbound
connection. Has
> anyone else experienced this? Did you find a way to fix it? Anybody
selling a 675 cheap?

Ugly.. I have a 678 here that is also b0rked from a bad upgrade ala Qwest
technical support.

Can you get any kind of response from it, if you have the serial
management cable hooked up? If so, we can probably boot it to the ROM
monitor and recover. Else, you are in rough shape.

I do have an additional suggestion; open the 675 up (the screws are hidden
beneath the rubber stick-on feet) and look to see if the flash memory chip
is socketed.. if it is, we can try a little hot-plug black magic. It might
be possible to boot it with a flash chip from a good unit (mine, for
instance) then pull the flash chip out, plug your corrupt flash chip in
and run a CBOS flash upgrade. This *does* work with PC BIOS chips, I see
no reason it would not work with a sockect flash memory in a 675.

Hoping,

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-