On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 07:06:39AM -0500, Jamie Ostrowski wrote:
>     Does anyone know where I can find sources or binaries (preferably
> sources) of shell based Linux games? I have done some hunting, but most of
> what I find is all X-windows based, and I only have a couple shell based
> games on my machine. I'd like more. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction? Thanks!

I'd start at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/games/. There
are brief descriptions of all the games that are in unstable,
and usually pretty easy to figure out if they are text based or
not.  There are links to the source for each of the packages if
you don't use Debian. Depending on your tastes, take a look at
the bsdgames and nethack packages.