* Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> [010927 16:58]:
> The testing I have done, shows ext2 faster the Reiserfs, and on a cache fs, I
> don't think journaling is necessary or needed (IMHO).

Reiserfs has the benefit of faster directory and file traversal over
ext2.  Web caches use lots of small files organised in many directories,
reiserfs uses different structures (btrees) than ext2 to organise
files/dirs so they can be found on the disk faster in even absurdly
large configurations.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net

"History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of
urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure."
		- Justice Thurgood Marshall (1989)