Quoting Jon Erickson (jon.erickson at neicoltech.org):
> >The testing I have done, shows ext2 faster the Reiserfs, and on a cache fs, I
> >don't think journaling is necessary or needed (IMHO).
>
> That's interesting to hear.  I've read on a couple web sites
> (http://www.swelltech.com/pengies/joe/benchmarks.html   is one of them)
> that had benchmarked ext2 and Reiserfs cache partitions and they saw
> significant performance increases with Reiserfs.  I'd be interested in
> seeing your results if you have them documented.

I tried this on a fs where I do all my compiles. This is under Java using both
make and ant, so I don't know if .java and .class files constitute "small"
files.

I got the raw data, let me see of I can make something with gnuplot.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500