From: K Hinze [mailto:rudie at sihope.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 10:31 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: RE: [TCLUG] Firewall / Router

> Good luck on that feature request.  :)  I talked to them awhile back, and
> they seemed very reluctant to add anything else right now.  It appears
that
> they are working on a commercial version which they will add all of the
new
> goodies to.  They ripped out SCSI support, and the developer I talked to
> hinted that the commercial version will have it.  When I asked about their
> development kit (which is half-assed and comes with no useful instructions
> on compiling), no one was willing to tell me how to compile the thing.  I
> think they were afraid that I would add SCSI support to the GPL version
> (which I would have done).
>
> Jay

Their head honcho, Richard Morrell, would be described by many as an
asshole. They have 2 discussion forums (so to speak), a mailing list, and an
irc channel. I'd opt for the irc channel (info on their web site) as richard
seems to moderate the mailing list with his thrashing anger, however, as Jay
pointed out, good luck. They are gearing up towards a 1.0 release tho so I
wouldn't give up the farm
-Kevin