I guess I'm going to have to know what not to buy pretty soon..  I'll be
avoiding post-2001 CDs from Universal.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010925/tc/media_universal_piracy_dc_1.html

I always rip my CDs within hours of buying them, since it's so much easier
to access the music by sifting through the files on my hard drive, rather
than the pile of physical CDs in the corner of my room.

Bringing this back to Linux a bit, I usually do a simple `find' on my
music directory structure to generate playlists of everything, since I
usually don't like to put together playlists by hand, but there are
problems with that.  New music doesn't get promoted or anything, so I
often end up hearing the same old stuff too much.

Has anyone played much with plugins for xmms (or anything, for that
matter) that will weight certain songs differently?

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   He who laughs last is