<snip>

I think what Ben was trying to say is having to deal with all the library
dependencies for one or two apps is a pain in the ass.  I agree.  When
downloading Opera I always get the statically linked version that is not
dependent on any libraries even though the install is larger.  Why?  I got
all mixed up with library versions a couple of years ago when trying to do a
simple upgrade (KDE I think).  I got it all futzed up so bad I walked away
from Linux for two years.  So yes, sometimes it is easier to download one
big file than a boatload o' little ones.

So to resume what you are saying is that it's easier do download a big
file than a lot of small files. (JDK/JRE vs Gnome libraries).

???

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4