On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Mark Browne wrote:

> This zip file contains a replacement startup screen (logo.sys) for Windows.
> Just unzip it to "C:\" . It will be used by Windows instead of the "cloud"
> startup image that Windows defaults to when there is no C:\logo.sys file. To

Awhile back a friend of mine wrote a small app in VB to change the 3
screens (logo.sys, logow.sys, logos.sys I think?).  The trick is that they
need to be 8 bit BMP, resized to 400hx320w (yes, the dimensions are
opposite what you'd think, I have no idea why they did it that
way).  There are also kits out there for making animated BMPs but they're
tricky, it has to do with embedding code to pallet shift certain portions.

-Brian