Hi hi,

I'm playing with a Cisco 678 DSL modem that seems to have failed. When I
power it on, only the power LED lights up, all the other LEDs are
completely dark. However, if I peer in through the holes in the top of the
case, I can see a single red LED on the circuit board that is lit.

Is the red LED some sort of hard fault indicator? I can't get any activity
out of this 678, serial port seems dead also. Plugging in an ethernet
cable does not light the LAN Link LED.

Info, help - please.

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-