I'm interested in getting some sort of USB flash memory device,
exemplified by M-System's DiskOnKey. There's also Agate's Q USB and
JMTek's USBdrive, but the first advantage to DiskOnKey is that it
doesn't require drivers, just a fully USB-aware OS. Only problem is the
price: the cheapest was $45, before $13 s+h. For 8MB of memory, that's
not a lot of bang for the buck. It hasn't hit eBay yet, either.
        So, does anyone know of a local store that sells these things,
or of another similar product? The USBdrive is supposedly twice as slow,
although the cheapest is $40 and comes with 16MB mem. The Q Drive is $70
for 16MB mem.
        I would like to use it to store PGP/GPG keys (I'm starting to
get interested in such things, now that they are threatened--funny how
that works) and other stuff that I might want to keep on me at all
times. The downside is that there doesn't seem to be any access
protection such as passwords or file system encryption, so if it were
lost, then anyone could view it. Suggestions/work-arounds welcome.
        Thanks,
        :Peter