when i try to boot a rescue i get a DMA timeout, i have no idea if that means my HD is bad or what, i know what DMA is but that is about it.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Erick Stohr
  To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
  Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2001 10:17 AM
  Subject: [TCLUG] broken system

  I am getting this erro message when booting my linux system, happens when the partitions are being checked:

  request_module[block-major-8]:Root fs not mounted
  VFS: Cannot open root file device 08:32
  Kernal panic VFS Unable to mount root fs on 08:32

  Any ideas? I have booted and looked at the system with "rescue" mode and run fsck on the partitions, but have no idea what else to do. thanks for any help.

  Erick