On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 02:45:03PM -0500, Brian wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 jeffr at odeon.net wrote:
> > Is there any reason you couldn't just use a cheap unmanaged 4-port 10/100
> > switch (about $30 on pricewatch)?
>
> The firewall is in the geek lounge, so I can plug it into my KVM.  Moving
> it into the living room is a last resort.

I fail to see the relevance of the firewall's location to adding a
switch (or hub) to the network...

                                    /--- Internal box 1 (gl)
ISP -- Firewall (gl) -- Switch 1 (gl) -- Switch 2 (lr) -- Internal box 2 (lr)
                                                     \--- Internal box 3 (lr)

(Where gl = "geek lounge" and lr = "living room")

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox