The worm is called Nimba, it's not based on Code Red.  It spreads 4
different ways:

1. Via email, like SirCam.  Attachment called readme.exe is given a wav
mimetype which attempts to open Windows Media player.  Outlook will still
ask you if you want to open it, but when WMP comes up, users are more likely
to say yes and open it.

2. Via Network shares.  It tries to find open network shares and copy itself
to other machines on the network.

3. Via IIS vulnerabilities (ala Code Red).  Scans for 16 different
vulnerabilities which will allow it to copy itself onto the webserver.  It
also appears to be much more aggressive in scanning for vulnerable machines
than code red was.

4. Via the eml vulnerability in IE versions prior to 6.0 (very few have
upgraded to 6.0).  If a webserver has Nimba, it will append a nice piece of
javascript to the end of every web page served which will open an EML file
which will infect the machine viewing the web page.  There is no dialog, it
just opens.  This bug was discovered by George Guninski about a month or so
ago, and is apparently fixed in IE 6.0.  So IE users can get the virus just
by visiting a page on an infected IIS server.

This one is going to be much worse than code red ever was.  It plays on user
stupidity, administrator laziness, and the fun autoexecute abilities of IE.
Plus, I'm sure there will be some variants which further refine the way it
spreads.

Jay