On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 21:22, Hans P. Christianson wrote:
> I have an old crappy thinkpad, a pentium I 75 MHz, 32 M ram, minimal hard
> drive, and no cdrom.  Got linux working great on it after a little kernel
> work.  I was very impressed at how much better it runs on linux than that
> other OS..

I have a ThinkPad 1400i, it's a great little laptop for Linux. The LT
Winmodem is supported by a closed-source driver from Lucent, and
everything else was supported by Mandrake 7.2 right "out of the box".

This is the system I use day-to-day, for 99% of my computing needs, and
the only problem I occasionally run into is that it seems to overheat on
warm days. This happens in both Windows and Linux (dual-boot setup,
unfortunately -- I'd love to get rid of Windows completely, but there's
just a couple of things I still need).

Other than that, it's been a great system for 2 years.

Dave