> I believe that Starcraft works under Wine,
	runs quite happily on my 1.1GHz; tho it *is* a resource hog.
	turns out to be idiotically simple to get working under the latest
versions of WINE.
1. install wine (apt-get install wine, in my case)
2. install winesetuptk (apt-get install winesetuptk)
3. configure your own fake win95 installation with winesetup (it's a
GUI click-by-numbers thing).
4. mount the Starcraft CD.
5. wine --winver win95 /mnt/cdrom/setup.exe
6. wine -winver win95 ~/.wine/fake_windows/starcraft/StarCraft.exe

... and you're playing. :)
it'll even play in a 640x480 window on your desktop. only problem with that,
is that it's an unmanaged window; and on my triple-monitor setup, ends up in
the upper left corner of the screen, over an arm's-length away and way off
to one side. ;>
	I just set up another user (named 'starcraft') and created a custom
XF86Config-4 file for them, set up for 640x480, using only one screen. :)
Nate suggested setting that X session up on another virtual console; but I
found that:
a. the video driver didn't like rendering text in multiple X sessions, and
smeared text in my terminal window into lines across the screen
b. performance sucked

>Warcraft is almost the same game
> and would imagine the same thing.
	try Freecraft. www.freecraft.org. plays like Warcraft, but is native
to *nix. can use the Warcraft artwork; so it looks just the same. it's also
easy to make your own artwork for the units; and there's a project going, to
create a full set of replacement art for it, so they don't have to use the
(copyrighted) Warcraft images.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer