On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Yaron wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, SpencerUnderground wrote:
>
> > But games, what *is* the point?
>
> Sir, my hat is off to you. People call _me_ a snob, but I now bow before
> the master!

Really. I do believe that he is referring to specificly caring about
games that you can't run without rebooting.

So far the only new generation game that I have seen to offer
technical gameplay beyond what I had 10 years ago in text-based
MUDs is Tribes 2. The graphics keep getting better, but the gameplay
basics don't change that dramaticly.

Of course one could argue that the text interface has the potential
for creating a far richer experience than the best 1600x1400 24bit
graphics with full surround-sound audio you can buy. After all, the
book is almost always better than the movie.

Daniel Taylor