Hi, folks.  Yesterday I was reorganizing my K menu when the menu editor
program crashed, and about half my program folders disappeared from both the
menu and the editor (when I had restarted the program).  I looked all around
in my .kde directory trying to find the file(s) responsible for the K menu
but couldn't find them, so I wound up copying the entire .kde directory from
another user account and starting over from scratch.  (sigh)  At least it was
faster the second time.

Unless I'm mistaken, the KDE configuration tools don't have traditional man
pages, and their HTML help pages don't say anything about where their files
are stored.  How would I go about finding this sort of thing out in the
future, so that I don't have to replace files I don't want to?

(Yes, I could have copied a file, logged out, logged in, copied another file,
and so on, but I couldn't get excited about that idea.)  Thoughts?

--Ben (running Yellow Dog Linux 2.0)