This is kind of interesting.. I noticed recently that my internet
bandwidth seemed to be less than the 640k that I was used to with Qwest
DSL. So I went to DSLreports.com and tested it. My suspicion was confirmed
- I was testing at about 230k/down 240k/up. This is more like a 256k
connection than a 640k connection. I have had slow (25k) downloads for a
long time now, and I always assumed it was the remote server or the route
that was causing it...

I started to think back to when this problem began, and I realized that I
could not recall it happening in the days before I upgraded to CBOS 2.4.1
or 2.4.2... Now, I started thinking about my whole question about the
'nsrouter' versions of the CBOS firmware (which is what I was currently
using) and what the differences might be between the 'nsrouter' and
'plain' versions of the firmware. So, I made a guess and did an
experiment. If you might recall, when I tried to use the Qwest DSL
updater, it told me to use the c675.2.4.3.bin file, NOT the
nsrouter.c675.2.4.3.bin file.

I've had the c675.2.4.3.bin firmware for a while, but I'd never installed
it. On a whim, I went ahead and did it. Like magic, on reboot my
connection is 550k+ and all seems speedy again. Flashing firmware on this
device always creeps me out a little, so I really don't feel like
re-installing the nsrouter.c675.2.4.2.bin version to see if my connection
falls back to 256k again..

If you are running the 'nsrouter' version of 2.4.1 or 2.4.2, could you
please test your speed and let me know? This seemed like a direct cause &
effect relationship (from my end) but it still seems like an easy
coincidence...

Thanks,

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-