I am trying to get port 25 to listen globally on my mail server. When I do a :
nmap -O localhost it tells me that port 25 is open. When I do :
nmap -O autonomous.tv from the same subnet or another subnet it tells me it is closed.
I ran traceroute from the local subnetted box and it reported 1 hop. I am not running NAT on my 675 and I am confused.
When I run netstat -ln it only shows 127.0.0.1 accepting connections on port 25.
My ipchains entry for port 25 is the same as 21 80 and 22 and they work fine.
I stop ipchains and the reports from nmap do not change. I know this is probably a one line solution, I just do not know which line to use and where it goes.
I would sure appreciate some insight in this matter.
thanks

--
      SpencerUnderground                       ameriKKKa Under Attack