Nate Straz wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 05:05:27PM -0500, Ben Lutgens wrote:
>
>>On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 04:30:50PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone have recommendations for taking screenshots under X?
>>>
>>import -window root screenshot.jpg
>>
>>import comes with imagemagick package, as opposed to useing "root" as the
>>window, you can run xwininfo, click in the window you wanna know the id of,
>>and pass the id: number instead.
>>

> You can actually click on the window that you want the screen shot of.
> But I don't see any way to get the cursor included or drop-down menus.

You might be able to get it by disabling hardware cursor. But even then
I think X has logic to prevent the cursor from getting screencaptured.

VGA cards for some time have done hardware mouse cursors. Which is
basically a good ol' hardware sprite overlayed on the framebuffer on the
video out. So its not actually in the frame buffer.

You're best bet is to just fake it in Gimp.