> Of all the crappy OS products from MS, why choose ME?

Because its a lightweight and fast gaming platform. (Compared to W2K)

I ran Win2K for a while on 128mb. I had no problem with compatability,
Half Life and Quake 3 ran fine. Albeit took ages to load a level
compared to 9x.

Then I tried to play Deus Ex. Nothing but constant swappage.

I shitcanned 2k and went back to 9x. ;P

I really like 2k. Its quite stable as a desktop OS and has some nice
features. However its a fscking ram *PIG*.

Do not game on 2K unless you have 256mb or maybe even more.

However its a bit moot now that 256mb RAM is $30 these days. Typical MS.
Sigh.