I recently installed Debian on my system, and have had this problem with
cdrecord ever since. I dont know what is causing it because I removed the
package, and installed from source, and get the same problem.  What happens
is every time I try to write a cd, I get an error about the data being too
big.  This is the output on the version from source, but I get the same error
with the packages from Debian.  The image in this case is only a 250M image,
and should not have this problem at all.  Any thoughts on this?

cdrecord dev=0,4,0 speed=16 -eject -data cdimage.iso
Cdrecord 1.9 (i586-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
scsidev: '0,4,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 4 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.19
Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 2
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   : SYNC
Vendor_info    : 'YAMAHA  '
Identifikation : 'CRW6416S        '
Revision       : '1.0c'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : SWABAUDIO
./cdrecord: WARNING: Data may not fit on current disk.
./cdrecord: Notice: Most recorders cannot write CD's >= 90 minutes.
./cdrecord: Notice: Use -ignsize option to allow >= 90 minutes.
./cdrecord: Cannot write CD's >= 100 minutes.

--
Jay Kline
list at slushpupie.com
http://www.slushpupie.com
--
If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use
in reading it at all.