On Fri, 2001-09-14 at 09:17, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 04:07:13PM +0200, Thomas Eibner wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 07:49:48AM -0500, Dave Sherman wrote:
> > > But in my case, suexec lives in /usr/sbin/. Is there a way to keep Apache from using it? I
> > > will do some looking myself. Thanks.
> >
> > chmod -x /usr/sbin/suexec ?
>
> Hadn't thought of that...  I know that suexec will be disabled if
> apache can't find it on startup, so it would make sense for it to
> also be disabled if it's there but not executable.

Just so everyone knows, Dave Sherohman's idea of renaming suexec worked
fine. However, the chmod -x idea did *not* work. I think Apache still
tried to use it, even though it was not executable. In my error_log I
started seeing 'permission refused' after I tried that idea, but I
simply made it executable again, and then renamed it so that Apache
could not find it.

Thanks for all the help.

Dave Sherman (not Sherohman ;-) )