These questions/comments didn't get addressed in the Linux vs. Windows
thread, so here goes.

Automatic X login:
The latest version (2.2.3.1) of GDM will do this. That could be a bit of
compiling work if you aren't running Debian Unstable though. I'm pretty
sure most versions of KDM can be configured for auto-logon as well.

Win2K terminal services:
http://www.rdesktop.org
And grab the latest patchset from:
http://bibl4.oru.se/projects/rdesktop/

The main reason the patches aren't yet in the release version is becaue
there is lots of stuff that they break on all platforms, and are pretty
much geared to i386 Linux. They work well on i386 Linux, but the developer
wants rdesktop to work on all things X and *NIX, and development is slower
than users would like.

Anyway, if you need windows2000 for an RDP (win2k terminal services) give
rdesktop a try. It works very well for my needs.

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
"We can learn much more from wise words, little
from wisecracks and less from wise guys."
--William Arthur Ward