On Thursday 13 September 2001 09:31, Troy.A Johnson wrote:
> Shawn,
>
> What is in /etc/ppp/options (or something similar) right
> now?

bash-2.05# more options
# General configuration options for PPPD:
lock
defaultroute
noipdefault
modem
/dev/ttyS0
115200
crtscts
# Uncomment the line below for more verbose error reporting:
#debug
# If you have a default route already, pppd may require the other side
# to authenticate itself, which most ISPs will not do.  To work around this,
# uncomment the line below.  Note that this may have negative side effects
# on system security if you allow PPP dialins.  See the docs in /usr/doc/ppp*
# for more information.
#noauth
passive
asyncmap 0
name "fertch"

> There is a man page (probably listed at the end of the
> ppp man page) that relates to ppp options, if I remember
> correctly. Look in there for options related to LCP and
> try that option(s) out. I remember having to tweak a
> ppp connection with a couple options to get it to work
> again (it was to the U a long while ago - something
> changed, it stopped working, I added some
> appropriate options, it started working again).

I recall seeing something with LCP options in it, but they aren't in there
right currently.  When I get home from work tonight, I'm going to try a
couple of other things as well and see what happens.  I recall getting an
error message on all of my machines when I can get in that there's an error
of " LCP timeout of sending config-requests" or the like.

Just doesn't make any sense as to what's happening.

Shawn