Hi!  I'm installing Debian (potato) for the first time as a newbie.  I've hit a problem with configuring X during the install, that causes the PC to lockup (at least I think it does - the screen doesn't say anything so I can't be sure!)  I'm not looking for help with this (yet!), as I want to have an 'active learning' session or two first.  I'm just wondering if there's some more configuration as part of the install that comes after configuring X?  I'd hate to make X work, only to find that the setup isn't complete anyway.

Thanks for the help!  Oh, and I know I should be using SuSE/Red Hat/your option, but Debian appealed for its 'purity' :)
PaulH