Actually, it probably will... with help.  It's my experience that
pump won't automagically renew your lease... and when the lease
expires, your network connection just goes catatonic.  Some ISPs use
exceptionally short lease expirations (under 4 hours) to ease the
pressure on their limited number of IP addresses.

The fix is to insert into root's crontab an explicit lease renewal,
for example, hourly at 1 minute after the hour:

	> 01 * * * *        /sbin/pump -i eth1 -R

NOTE: remember to change the "eth1" part to use the right device.

Hope this help'idly,

-S